Bilateral RTI Calls
Based on direct G2G contacts of the Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK), regular bilateral funding calls are issued which support cooperation with foreign research partners and facilitate technology transfer.
Bilateral Funding Call China / MOST
since 2018 the Republic of Austria (Federal Ministry of Climate formerly Bmvit) has a MoU with the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST).
This allows for funding cooperative R&I projects between organisations from Austria and China on certain Topics.
From December 2022 to March 2023 the 3rd bilateral Call with MOST will focus on Smart Cities.
Focus Areas of the 3rd MOST Call
- Green building and building energy efficiency
- Urban sustainable development and recycling of resources
- Intelligent transportation within the context of an urban environment
The call wll open 14.12.2022, further detaila are available on:
Bilateral Call Jiangsu (China)
In early March 2022, the Chinese Jiangsu Science and Technology Department (JSTD) and the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the field of green technologies and research.
A bilateral funding call closed October 12 2022.
The focus areas of the Jiangsu Call were
- Cities & Regions: climate-neutral mobility in urban areas and regions
- Digitalisation: digital technologies respecting data privacy for a sustainable management of infrastructure, mobility and logistics services
- Technology: projects to optimize battereis and automated, connected and autonomous driving in the contect of sustainable mobility
To support initiating B2B contacts for the submission of project proposals FFG and JSTD hosted a bilateral roundtable on June 24 to introduce the bilateral call and showcase potential partners from both countries.
An initiative by
in cooperation with